Computer Networks, 2068 Baisakh - Old questions
- 1. What is a switching? Differentiate between packet switching and circuit switching.
- 2. What are types of twisted pair cable? Calculate the efficiency if slotted Aloha.
- 3. What is a virtual LAN? Design a network which consists of two VLAN names student and department. Explain with necessary diagram, IP addresses and configurations.
- 4. What is a logical address? You are given the IP address block 184.108.40.206/25. If there are five departments which require 5, 40, 28, 12, 6 hosts respectively. Design the subnet.
- 5. What are the functions of transport layer? Draw the segment structure of TCP.
- 6. What is a fragmentation and re-assembly? Explain about any intra-AS routing protocol.
- 7. What are the advantages of IPV6? The maximum payload segment is 65495 byte. Why was such strange number chosen?
- 8. What is the function of proxy server? Explain about electronic mail.
- 9. What is a secure socket layer? Encrypt the message "DANGER" using RSA algorithm.
- 10. Compare X.25 and frame relay network. A bit string 0111101111101111110 needs to be transmitted at the data link layer. What is the string actually transferred after bit stuffing?