Computer Networks, 2066 Bhadra - Old questions
- 1 a). Why do communication process within computer network is divided into layers? How the process of data encapsulation occurs in the transmission mode described by seven layers of OSI model. COmpare OSI model with TCP/IP model.
- b). What is client/server networking? Explain Active Networking model framework comparing with traditional legacy network.
- 2 a). What are the services provided by data link layer? Explain any one methods of framing and flow control.
- b). Calculate SNR and maximum channel capacity of cat6 channel having bandwidth 300 MHz with 2mW and 200µW as signal and noise power respectively.
- 3 a). Describe the 802.3 Ethernet standard for CSMA/CD and compare it with 802.4 token bus technology. Explain how DSSS technique is applied in wireless transmission.
- b). Differentiate between circuit switching and packet switching technology. Explain the operation how switched virtual circuit in frame relay network is established, maintained and teardown.
- 4 a). What is unicast and multicast routing? Describe the concept of optimality principle. Describe how the routers in its link state routing come into fully adjacency state.
- b). What are the factors that cause congestion within WAN? Propose your best traffic shaping approach to manage congestion in packet switched network.
- 5 a). Give the reason why the current world is moving to IPV6 addressing mechanism. Describe the IPV6 address with its representation format.
- b). Write short notes on (any two) :
a) TCP Sliding Window Protocol
b) Secret Key Algorithm: DES
c) ISDN Signalling and ATM AAl
d) ICMP Message Types