Computer Networks, 2063 Ashwin - Old questions
- 1. Why do you need to divide the network function to layers? Give a simple example that illustrates how division of function increases effectiveness.
- 2. What are the main purposes of NIC and Router? Which layer they operate on? Discuss.
- 3. Explain the guided and unguided transmission media and compare it with example.
- 4. Differentiate between random and slotted ALOHA.
- 5. Explain channel access method and MAC frame in IEEE 802.4.
- 6. What are the features of X.25? Discuss briefly.
- 7. Explain class A and class B addresses. What is the purpose of subnetting?
- 8. What is the purpose of ICMP? List down and explain query ICMP messages.
- 9. What is difference between active open and passive open form of connection with TCP ports? Why are sequence number and acknowledgment number needed in TCP connection?
- 10. What is RIP and how does it work? Discuss.
- 11. Write short notes on :
a) Wireless Transmission Media